What is Stormwater Attenuation & Why Do You Need It?
When we look at the weather patterns over the past decades – the general consensus is that the weather is definitely more erratic with all four seasons in one day on many occasions. With this has come more storms bringing more flooding which cause damage over the long term to infrastructure.
This damage does not just happen at the point of flooding but as the water flows downstream over the river banks – it needs somewhere to go and it is the low lying land that gets severely hit.
There are things that can be done to alleviate the potential damage that these storms and floodwaters can cause. The solution is Stormwater Attenuation which is concerned with taking the rainwater and holding it/attenuating it in a stormwater attenuation tank and then releasing it at a rate that does not inundate the water system and cause flooding.
By controlling the release of stormwater, damage is avoided compared to what happens without having a stormwater attenuation tank in place
Carlow Concrete prides itself on continuous design innovation and improvement.In terms of stormwater attenuation, our Carlow Tank offers clients the most efficiently & economically designed solution in its class. Our stormwater attenuation tanks are the most robust on the market and may be located in highly trafficked areas such as roads and carparks.
At Carlow Concrete a key ingredient of quality production are our technicians and in-house concrete testing lab. To back this up in delivering the best possible stormwater attenuation solution, an ID tag provides each element of an installation with its own unique reference number so it is fully traceable from production to final location.
Please find below a list of features and benefits of The Carlow Tank (Stormwater Attenuation Tanks)
- Available in depths from 0.8M to 7.0M in 100mm increments.
- Can be configured to exactly suit client requirements.
- Modular precast attenuation/detention tank which satisfies clients mandatory Sustainable Urban Drainage (SUDS) requirements.
- Most cost effective storm water attenuation solution on the market.
- Watertight to BS8007 or Eurocode 2.
- Fully section 104 adoptable.
- CESWI & Sewers for adoption compliant.
- 100 Year + Design Life.
- No need expensive imported filling, simply backfill as dug material.
- Rapid installation times from highly trained, experienced crews.
- Reduction in labour & plant requirements during install.
- Deep burial and heavy duty loading applications.
- Technical supervision & sign off for client based installations.
- Superior quality finish & zero maintenance.
- Multifunctional applications.
You can see more details on our Stormwater solution here