Stormwater Attenuation: The construction industry’s answer to flooding
Stormwater Attenuation is becoming an area of greater interest with both the changing weather along with increasing land development in our towns and cities.
Stormwater Attenuation: Why do we need it?
With increasing rainfall and increasing land development along with further regulations – the management of stormwater is proving to be more and more difficult. Retention of this excess rainfall is becoming key and a vital part in the planning of any new developments. Attenuation is the holding of water in tanks and then releasing it at a controlled rate avoid flooding the water system & surrounding areas such as a residential housing development.
The benefits of Attenuation?
As with anything, being proactive and planning ahead is always better than being reactive and having to respond to a crisis. By using Stormwater Attenuation, an area will be less at risk of flooding damage to buildings, infrastructure and even potential loss of life.
Stormwater Attenuation solutions are rapid to install and prove to be cost effective over their lifespan. Carlow Concrete’s Stormwater Attenuation Tank is a modular precast attenuation/detention tank which is supplied to clients to primarily satisfy their mandatory Sustainable Urban Drainage (SUDS) requirements.
Below is a full list of the features and benefits of our Stormwater Attenuation Carlow Tank:
- Available in depth of 0.8M to 7.0 in 100mm increments.
- Can be configured to exactly suit client requirements.
- Modular precast attenuation/detention tank which satisfies clients mandatory Sustainable Urban Drainage (SUDS) requirements.
- Most cost effective stormwater attenuation solution on the market.
- Watertight to BS8007 to Eurocode 2.
- Fully section 104 adoptable.
- CESWI & Sewers for adoption compliant.
- 100 Year+ Design Life
- No need for expensive imported filling, simply backfill as dug material.
- Rapid installation times from highly trained, experience crews.
- Reduction in labour & plant requirements during install.
- Deep burial and heavy duty loading applications.
- Technical supervision & sign off for client based installations.
- Superior quality finish & zero maintenance.
- Multifunctional applications
We can help:
Carlow Concrete are one of the leading specialists in Stormwater Attenuation in both the UK and Ireland.